Burwood Park is located close to Walton-on Thames main line station and covers 350 acres with over 6 miles of road. It has 384 private freehold properties with several protected woodland areas and two lakes. Security in the Park is maintained by ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) at the main entrance and CCTV at the three restricted gate entrances, which are accessed by resident only tags.
In 2020 a Park Warden will patrol the Park and a Security Hut will be installed at the main entrance.
The common land and the Covenants of the Park are owned by Burwood Park Estate Limited (BPEL) a subsidiary of BPRL.
The above is the result of an ownership transfer of the Park from Burhill Estates Company Limited (BECL) which was a subsidiary of The Burhill Group Limited (BGL). The transfer was completed on December 31st 2019.
BPRL is owned by its shareholders. Each property owner is entitled to hold a £1 share in BPRL. As of January 2020 all but 17 of the 384 property owners were shareholders.
Non-Shareholders and Shareholders who have not paid their Annual Service Charge Fee will have no voting rights on BPRL’s activity and policies.
BPRL is currently run by a Committee elected by shareholders on an annual basis. Three of the Committee Members are registered at Companies House as Directors.
Treasurer – Julian Gover
Director and Committee Member – Chris Wright
Committee – Will Bland, Olga Denyer, Mike Reed, Martin Harvey
All positions are voluntary and unpaid.
At the March 7th BPRL EGM in line with the updated BPRL Articles of Association the three current Directors and Committee will stand down and be replaced by up to eight new Directors.
The Articles of Association determine the governance of BPRL
On an annual basis there is an AGM in June and an EGM in November, with the latter being used to agree the budget and plans for the year ahead.
BPRL operates two sub groups – Neighbourhood Watch and a Landscaping Group ….details can be found in the Owners Section.
Since 2014 BPRL has employed the services of a Managing Agent – GCS Property Management Ltd, led by Greg Smyth its Managing Director. The Managing Agent manages the day to day affairs of BPRL reporting to the Chairman and the Committee.
Annual Fees and Charges
The following information can be found in the Owner’s Section….
- About BPRL - covers the Articles of Association, which include shareholder voting rights and the nominations process for Directors
- Financials – covers the Annual Service Charge Fee arrangements, which is mandatory for shareholders and those who have signed the Deed of Covenant; the discount on the annual Service Charge Fee that those who have signed the Deed of Covenant will receive between 2020 and 2024; current budgets and forecasts
- Covenants and Policies – details on the existing Covenants, the new Deed of Covenant and Policies that have been approved by Shareholders for adoption in 2020. This includes the Development and Extension Approval Process and Rate Card
- Communication – previous AGM and EGM information along with copies of recent Newsletters
- Administration – BPRL Forms, Gate Tag administration and information on what to do when selling a house on the Park